STANLEY, a brand of PMI, announces the launch of a national road tour – the STANLEY Built for Life® Tour. Designed to promote real-life tales of durability, heritage and survival, the STANLEY Built for Life® Tour showcases legendary adventures with Stanley product collected over the brand’s near 100-year history. These stories include amazing feats of strength and performance like the man whose Stanley bottle stopped a bullet from hitting his wife and the man who used his Stanley bottle as a car jack. They will be featured on the tour in the Classic 1967 refurbished Airstream turned traveling showroom and will be used to inspire more story submissions from a new generation of Stanley owners.
“We’re constantly amazed by the impact the Stanley brand has had on people’s lives. From camping adventures with Grandpa to near death experiences, the Stanley bottle has survived it all and people love to tell us about it. This tour is about bringing these stories and our products to life using the power of events, on-site engagement and social networking” explains JoAnne Anderson, PMI Senior Marketing Manager for the Stanley brand.
To further encourage people to submit their own stories, there is a “Legends Club” contest where stories with Stanley product are entered for a chance to become memorialized in future advertising and packaging. The winner of the “Legends Club” contest will also receive a $5,000 prize package.
Aimed at connecting with consumers through their passions, the tour will make stops at outdoor sporting and music events across the nation. It will also stop at partner retailers, and other outdoor and urban city landmarks along the way. The tour will run through December 2010, finishing off at the US Gran Prix of Cyclocross Race in Portland, OR.
Highlights of the Built for Life Road® Tour include:
- Classic 1967 refurbished Airstream travel trailer showroom.
- STANLEY legendary bottles display, showcasing real-life bottles that stopped bullets, survived bulldozers, dropped from helicopters and more.
- Merchandise commemorating the various sponsored events.
- “Legends Club” contest offering consumers the chance for their story to be memorialized as one of the brands most iconic stories. Winning story will be included in advertising and packaging and the winner will receive a $5,000 prize package.
- www.builtforlifetour.com site chronicling the latest news from the road, highlights from events and Stanley Story submissions. It will also serve as a portal for connecting to the various social networking outlets also highlighting tour footage and Stanley Stories.
PRELIMINARY TOUR SCHEDULE (go to www.builtforlifetour.com for the latest)
July 23-25 Capitol Hill Block Party Seattle, WA
July 31 Cabela’s Salt Lake City, UT
August 3-6 Outdoor Retailer Trade Show Salt Lake City, UT
August 7 Sportman’s Warehouse Salt Lake City, UT
August 20 Cabela’s Seattle, WA
September 18 Star Crossed (Cyclocross Race) Seattle, WA
September 21 Interbike Tradeshow Las Vegas, NV
September 22 Cross Vegas Las Vegas, NV
September 25-26 USGP (US Gran Prix of Cyclocross) Madison, WI
October 8-10 National Courier Cycle Championship Atlanta, GA
October 16-17 Bridge Day Festival Fayetteville, WV
October 23-24 USGP (US Gran Prix of Cyclocross) Louisville, KY
November 5-7 Fun Fun Fun Fest Austin, TX
November 13-14 USGP (US Gran Prix of Cyclocross) Fort Collins, CO
December 4-5 USGP (US Gran Prix of Cyclocross) Portland, OR